- Breath Test Operator Manual– Download it here for free.
- Circuit Court Info– Search for basic information by name or case number for those Circuit Courts on the State computer system, which excludes most northern Virginia Courthouses.
- Drivers License Points– DMV offense point classification page.
- Inmate Locator– Locate inmates housed in the State system.
- Local Ordinances– Many counties and cities covered.
- Prepayable Offenses– Offenses which can be prepaid without appearing in Court.
- State Code– Search the Virginia Code.>
- Virginia-appeals.com– Virginia appellate news and analysis.
- VA Court Forms– Official forms available online.
- VADefenses Listserv– Restricted listserv for Virginia criminal defense attorneys.
- VA Lawyers Weekly Blog– Breaking legal news.
- VA Register of Regulations– Search regulations adopted by state agencies.
- VA Rules of Evidence– Access the New Rules of Evidence with a custom table of contents.
- VA Rules of Procedure– Access the procedural rules applicable to all trial and appellate proceedings.
- VA Sentencing Guidelines Worksheets– Prepare guidelines for a defendant.
- VA State Bar Divorce Information– Basic primer on divorce in Virginia.
- VA State Bar Attorney Discipline Records– Search which attorneys were disciplined or are uninsured.
- VA State Bar Active Members– Search for contact information for members who have active status.
District of Columbia
- DC Bar Attorney Disciplinary Database– Search for attorneys disciplined since 1979.
- DC Court Info– Search for basic information by name or case number.
- MD Attorney Grievance Commission– Search for attorneys disciplined since 2003.
- MD Caselaw– Search for Maryland appellate cases decided since 1995.
- MD Judiciary Case Search– Search basic case information in District and Circuit courts.
- MD Code– Search the Maryland Code.
- MD Code of Regulations– Search Maryland regulations.
- MD Inmate Locator– Locate inmates housed in the State system.
U. S. Federal Law
- SCOTUS Blog– Analysis and commentary about news from the Supreme Court.
- U.S. Federal Digital System– Federal Government publications database.
- U.S. Inmate Locator– Locate inmates housed in the Federal system.
- U. S. Product Safety– Federal government consumer product safety information.
- U.S. Supreme Court Slip Opinions– Get the latest Supreme Court opinions.
- U. S. Trade/Servicemark Application– Apply for a trademark/servicemark online.
General Research Tools
- Fastcase – Free legal research for all 50 states and for Federal Law available in Android and Iphone apps for use in mobile devices.
- Google Scholar– Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature.
- The Public Library of Law– Cases from the U.S. Supreme Court and Courts of Appeals, from all 50 states back to 1997, Federal statutory law and codes from all 50 states, and regulations, court rules, constitutions, and more.